One of the most controversial and talked about topics today is search engine optimization. It is also one of the most misunderstood subjects.
Search engine optimization (SEO), in its simplest form, is the act of optimizing a website to rank well in search engines’ crawler-based organic listings.
Even this brief definition of search engine optimization can spark lively debates about its meaning and purpose.
The question is, “Why is SEO so controversial?” This question can be asked by the SEO community as well as the general internet population, especially website owners. My humble opinion is that Search Engine Optimization (SEO), enjoys the popularity it does.
1. Targeted website traffic – Ask the majority of website owners or people working in the SEO industry about the most important aspect of a website’s success. Website traffic is a popular answer, and more so targeted website traffic.
Search engines are currently the best resource for targeted website traffic. Stats show that approximately 75% to 80% of all internet purchases are initiated by a search at a Google search engine Jasa Backlink Powerfull. The vast majority of visitors to websites come from search engines. Even the most ardent opponents to search engine optimization cannot ignore these numbers. SEO is focused on ranking websites high in search engines. Therefore, it makes sense that many people are interested in search engine optimization (SEO).
2. SEO Controversy: Search engine optimization (SEO), is one of the most contentious topics in internet website operation. SEO advocates can claim that it allows websites to be found in search engines, which is crucial for any website seeking traffic online today.
Opponents who are disillusioned with SEO may also claim that many websites have high search engine visibility without using SEO work, and that SEO professionals provide high-cost guesswork services that do not guarantee search engine rankings success.
This debate, while having merits, is heated between SEO supporters and SEO detractors on a continual basis. It’s fought on a daily basis on forums, blogs and websites across the internet, as well as exposure in magazines, TV and newspapers.
SEO is a topic that generates controversy. SEO will remain a hot topic as long as search engines continue to play a major role in driving targeted website traffic.
3. Money – Search engine optimization can be a multi-million-dollar business. Advertising is a major source of revenue for search engines. Each year, they generate billions of dollars. Search engines make it easy for website owners to earn billions each year through advertising.
With billions of dollars at stake each year, it is not surprising that any idea that could give an individual or company an advantage in this fast-paced internet world will be hotly debated.
A combination of perceptions and realities makes search engine optimization a popular topic among decision-makers in many companies. This gives rise to increased attention to SEO in business and beyond.
4. There are no standard SEO rules or regulations – Search engine optimization (SEO), can be described as the modern wild west. There are no set standards in the industry. This means that almost anything is possible.
In a real sense, there is no right or wrong in regards to any comments, thoughts or decisions regarding SEO techniques and/or methodologies. Individuals have their own set of ethics and right or wrong can be replaced by ethical. One person may consider something unethical, while another might view it as honest and well-intentioned assistance. You will find labels like white hat SEO and black hat SEO in the SEO industry.
5. Search Engines – Search engine optimization is a byproduct of the popularity, development and utilization of search engines. There is no SEO industry without search engines.